Connect, Grow, Love
There are many ways to connect with God, and with others, and find community in the parish.
Christ Church Coboconk meets every Wednesday at 11 am for an informal service of Morning Prayer, with reflection on the readings of the day. A potluck lunch follows.
Growing in faith is important to us. We offer opportunities for people of all ages, from Sunday School at St. James Fenelon Falls, and Susan’s Dinner, a youth group meeting that happens every other Friday night, to bible studies, film nights, and learning events. The Power of One group is a gathering of single women for a lunch out with friends.
Loving one another and our neighbours is a Christian value we live out in many ways.
Christ Church also holds regular community dinners. These are open to all. There is no cost, the food is wonderful and everyone is welcome. Up next: ALL SAINTS FEAST! Sunday, November 5th. Doors open at 5 pm, Turkey dinner at 6 pm, and entertainment with the Abernathy’s following the meal.
Outreach activities at St. James are centred on food security. We offer a community kitchen every other Monday morning. The St. James community garden, located on the sunny southwest side of the church, makes plots available to anyone who is interested in learning more about gardening and growing food.
Concerts are a regular part of our life. The Kawartha Lakes Singers perform here as part of their regular season. Their next appearance is a Christmas Concert, on December 5th. Watch for a benefit concert by Peterborough trio Carried Away, and an upcoming event with Steve Bell.
St. Nicholas makes a visit every Santa Day to tell children the story of this wonderful legend. This is a popular stop for families looking for a place to warm up and enjoy child-centred activities during Santa Day.
St. James’ Ministries
- ACW (Anglican Church Women – Learning, service, prayer, community providing fundraising, catering, outreach and friendship)
- The Altar Guild, lectors, intercessors, servers, sides people, greeters, lay readers and communion servers all assist in worship
- Our biblical scholar in residence, Dr. Sylvia Keesmaat, leads regular bible studies
- Book Studies, Film Series and learning days are held regularly
- Pastoral care, sacramental ministry and visiting is provided by the priest and members of the congregation
- Sunday School (Ages 3-12 concurrent with worship)
- Outreach activities include a community kitchen, youth cooking classes, community garden.
- Power of One (Widows & Single Women’s group meets for fellowship)
- Communications committee keeps the community informed about parish activities
For information about any of these activities please contact the church office at 705-887-2537